Monday, October 19, 2015

Renovation of Me

I've taken a beating in the past 10 years of my life. Physically, I'm fairly fine, but emotionally....I feel like Ronda Rousey's latest opponent at the end of the fight. Let's start from the beginning....Shall we?

I've been married for 23 years this month to my best friend and have three fantastically insane kids. My oldest, lovingly called BYU Girl, age 20, is off at college studying animation. She's truly awesome and had her ups and downs, but she is on track to the next part of her life. My son, age 19, whom I shall nickname the Marine, is a US Marine Corps Reservist who has returned home and stated at our local community college on his way to become a teacher. My youngest, age 18, is my little spitfire who I will refer to as Bee. Being that the rest of us are 6 ft and over and she is barely 5' 5", she has always been my little bug. She is getting married in December and is, at this very moment, carrying my future first grandchild. As is normal in my family, nothing is normal. This grand baby will be born in Korea as her husband is a service member in the US Army.

Now...onto the story.

In 2009 we lost our home, business and lifestyle due to the recession. As we aren't ones to sit still and take things lying down Hubby flew down to beautiful San Antonio and found a home and job and the rest of us followed.

Starting your life over working hourly jobs is not an easy task when you are used to running your own business. I started work with a hotel reservation call center. Eventually I worked my way into a hotel and now I am currently managing a hotel which causes me to be on call 24 hours a day and work approximately 60 hours a week.Most of my days off, if I get them, are spent with me sleeping all day.


We just finished a renovation at our hotel which gave me an idea of my own....

Encouraged by the news of my new grandchild and my longing for a more normal life I am desperately trying to revamp my life. I'm currently pursuing employment which will allow me to work only 40 hours a week and get paid the same while working far less hours and feeling like a human being.

My goals:

  • Work 40 hours a week while earning the same pay
  • Sleep at night without receiving 3-4 phone calls every night
  • Attend church every Sunday
  • Be home every night
  • Stop working 29 hour shifts which may end up killing me at some point

We will see how this goes, but for now....Let my own renovation begin!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment