Monday, October 26, 2015

It's The Simple Things

This weekend started with anger, frustration and resentment. I could no longer wait to take my leap of faith. I had to jump.....and I thought about it all weekend. Sunday happened and I could no longer ignore the promptings in my heart. 

I used to have a carved wooden heart with a metal plate that read: "It's The Simple Things." I hung it in my kitchen to remember nothing else mattered. It has always been the simple things. My life is so less than simple right now. I'm drained mentally, physically and emotionally. I can no longer work 6 days a week 10 hours a day without wanting to pass out and sleep on my day off.

It's not a good thing.

I made a mental list of my needs:

  • 40 hour work week-60/70 is insane.
  • No being on call after work- I haven't slept through the night in 8 months.
  • Daytime shifts only-No shift work!!!
  • Sundays Off- I NEED TO GO TO CHURCH!!!!
Sunday, I announced to my husband the spirit directed me to take my leap of faith and turn in my two weeks' notice without another job lined up. In my 44 years here on this Earth I have never quit without having another job lined up. Hubby supported me in the decision and though he is nervous he supports me and is taking the leap of faith right next to me. For 23 years this man has loved me and my crazy thoughts and needs. He has never faltered in supporting me.

This morning I woke up, but though I hadn't eaten in 2 days, I still didn't feel like eating. I arrived into work early and found my boss available. We chatted behind closed doors and she accepted my resignation gracefully and promised to be there for me professionally and personally the rest of our lives. I was grateful. She has always appreciated everything I did and how hard I worked. It was simply time I put myself first.

Perhaps you'll notice there is nothing about money on my list. Money isn't everything. I'll put my faith in the Lord and let the rest follow.

For now I'll strive for the simple things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment